Thursday, November 16, 2006

Daily Reposting of an SI.com article

Yes, I know. For those three or four people who check this every day, or the one person who checks in three or four times a day, I'm not doing much but putting links to SI.com articles on here. But you gotta give me a break. It's a REALLY dry period for baseball news, and if you're trying to dedicate a blog solely to one medium-market team that's trying oh so hard to be a big-market team, the news at this time a year is thinner than cabbage soup in a refugee camp.

But, with that, our old friend John Heyman at SI.com is mentioning our Angels in his rumor column again. I got a bit excited, as the article talks about the Red Sox looking to trade Manny Ramirez, and I thought that would be a good topic for an article here (it would be). Instead, it was just another rehash of how Arte Moreno wants promised something big, and how the Angels are making a move for Soriano, and how much trouble we're going to have pulling that one off.

I'm going to be a lot happier when we finally make a deal for somebody. Whether we sign Soriano or trade for Ramirez, I'll feel a bit better with big bat we need.

And I'll have something to write about...

No comments: