Thursday, December 07, 2006

SecondBestDad

Whereas the Angels have made little news with the winter meetings other than an aborted bid for Todd Helton(thank God that one didn't go through), there is little for me to comment on, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Danny, AKA SecondBestDad, for his support of this blog.

Danny, I'm sorry you no longer live in the area, as I can think of nothing I'd rather do this summer than take you to a game, have a beer or two, and enjoy watching our Angels and the fans at Angel Stadium.

That's the beauty of baseball, and all sports for that matter. Cheering for a team is one of the greatest common denominators out there. For all I know, SecondBestDad and I could have polar viewpoints on politics, religion, sexual preference, or anything else people can have opinions on. We could be from completely different backgrounds, ethnicities, and socioeconomic status. We could be two people who never would, nor never should, meet each other.

But, with our love for a baseball team, none of that matters.

Because from the time the umpire shouts "Play Ball" to the last out of the game, we have everything in common.

And it's like that with any team, any sport, and any fan.

So Danny, when you read this, I'd appreciate it if you'd shoot me an email to sidmchenry@gmail.com. I don't have mailing lists or any crap like that, so don't fear for your email inbox (though I should fear for mine after posting that!)

It's just such a nice thing to meet new fanatics.

No comments: