Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hudlerism #2

Yeah, the Angels are off to an awesome start! But I'd rather take this opportunity to point out another stupid thing Rex Hudler said about five minutes ago:

"You put John Lackey, Escobar, Ervin Santana, Bartolo Colon and Jered Weaver as your five-man rotation, call the cops man!"

Now, I could be the prick here and remark on how having a good rotation hardly necessitates a 911 call, and Anaheim PD would probably get pissed off having to write a report about a good pitching rotation, and after Rex got caught a few years back with a few controlled substances in his suitcase at an airport, I'd think he'd want as little as possible to do with the police, but I won't.

Instead, I'm going to point out that the statement is just stupid. Had he said "book your World Series tickets" or something along those lines, where it makes SENSE, I have no problem with this statement.

But Rex Hudler is a moron, and I shouldn't expect him to use a euphemism that is coherent and linear.

No comments: