Thursday, October 12, 2006

LCS, Day 2: Rain in New York, Choking in Oakland

Two posts already today, so a short one on today's games.

Mets vs. Cardinals: Rained out. I'd like to say something profound here, linking the rain with Cory Lidle and God, but I'm sure a thousand hack sportswriters are in the midst of submitting articles to that effect as I write this. The game will be made up on Friday, which means no travel day in the NLCS.

Tigers: 8 Athletics: 5 Boy, howdy! Finally an exciting game in the playoffs! Home runs all around, including two from Milton Bradley (one from each side of the plate), and a tense situation in the bottom of the ninth with the Tigers up 8-5, bases loaded, two outs, and Frank Thomas. Once again, there was no joy in O-Town as Mighty Casey was struck out. Oakland is now down 2-0 in the ALCS heading into Detroit for three games. I stick firmly by my prediction, Tigers in five, but it may be one less. Either way, the A's have played their last game in Oakland this year.

And with that, I bid you adieu for the evening.

No comments: